quality and workmanship were again topnotch."
POST Consumer Brands (formerly, Malt-O-Meal)., Lakeville, MN. Safety Training Program (Interactive DVD/Videos)
delight to work with. Your work ethic, combined with your creative skills, made
this project truly enjoyable. The quality of the finished product made the project
Electromed, Inc., New Prague, MN. Medical Marketing and Training Video
all felt you were working with us to make the best product possible. Your guidance
and expertise were immeasurable."
Cardinal Glass Industries, Minneapolis, MN. Safety Training Program (Interactive DVD/Videos)
Dennis P. Wilcox
Project Manager/Administrator, Trainer/Educator, Technical Communicator
P.O. Box 181, Northfield, MN 55057 firstname.lastname@example.org
GO: Professional Writing Samples
Skills and Experience:
*Developing, implementing, and managing training programs for business and
industry. *Workshop instruction and facilitation. *OSHA outreach workplace
safety instruction. *Food manufacturing safety workshop instruction. *Workforce
development. *Technical writing. *Media-based safety program development
and production, including professional video production and eLearning programming.
*College-level classroom instruction. *Small business owner/operator.
Personal Leadership Qualities: *Outgoing and friendly with a high EQ and strong interpersonal skills. *Ability to work alone and in teams with equal efficiency and success. *Proven supervisory and management experience and abilities. *Dedication to excellence and the success of clients and students.
MOST RECENT: United States Census Bureau, Census Field Supervisor, 2019-2020. Supervised 24 enumerators over a 100-mile area that included the southern suburbs and exurbs of Minneapolis and farther out portions of southern Minnesota that were part of the Rochester, Minnesota Area Census Office. Managed the day-to-day activities of the enumerators under my supervision through extensive personal interactions and Census software on federally-supplied IT hardware (Apple). In addition, performed advanced contact duties for group and transient living quarters enumeration, along with address canvassing activities.
8 years: Adjunct and Faculty Instructor for workplace safety and workforce
development in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. Experience
includes: *Teaching OSHA 10 and 30 safety classes as an authorized
OSHA instructor. *Teaching commercial driving safety courses, including
MN pilot/escort driver certification as lead instructor. *Developing
curriculum for workplace safety and development, certification for pilot/escorting
overdimensional vehicles in Minnesota, and construction truck
* 30 years: Business Owner/Operator as a Training and Technical Communications Consultant and Content Provider: Wilcox Communications, Inc. and now dba Dennis Wilcox. Clients include: Post Consumer Brands, formerly, Malt-O-Meal, for 14 years.
* Catholic Television Network/Chicago, Chicago, IL: Sr. Producer/Writer, 39 Weekly Broadcast Television Shows.
* American Broadcasting Co., Chicago, IL: Writer/Producer, Daily and Investigative News (for O & O WLS-TV)
* KTVI News, St. Louis, MO: Writer/Producer, Daily and Investigative News.
* St. Louis Community Newspapers, St. Louis, MO: Writer/Reporter for News and Features.
* B.A., University of Missouri, Biology. Minors: Chemistry, History, German. Honors English Composition.
* Board member, three non-profit organizations, 14 years; Board Chair of an environmental learning center, the Prairie Ecology Bus Center, Lakefield, MN, 5 years.
in establishing and Facilitating the Stroke Support Group for Stroke Survivors,
Caregivers, and Family Members at Northfield Hospital and Clinics, Northfield,
MN. Initiated by being the primary caregiver for a close friend who suffered